Jan 12, 2012
Registration for the 2012 American Beatbox Championships is now closed. Now in our 3rd year we are gearing up to enhance the competition and make the GRAND FINAL the best yet. If you haven’t been to the American Beatbox Championships, it is the premiere event for the art of BEATBOX in the United States and presents the best of the best! Even if you are not competing it’s well worth the journey to NYC to meet beatboxers from around the world in a weekend of BEATBOX madness.
by submitting your registration you are agreeing to the terms of the American Beatbox Championships below:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contestant Eligibility: American Beatbox Championships (the “Contest”) is open only to citizens and legal residents of the United States of America, who are at least fourteen (14) years old at the time of Grand Final. Contestants under the age of 18 must have signed consent forms from parents or legal guardian. Internet access, a valid email account, and a Facebook account are required. If an entrant does not meet all of the foregoing criteria he/she cannot be eligible for winning a prize or competing in the American Beatbox Championships. Employees of World Beatbox Association any of its parent and affiliate companies, any of its agents or representatives involved in the production or development of the Contest as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, agent or representative are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: Sponsors are not responsible or liable for any decisions or actions made by the American Beatbox Championships.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on April 7th 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”). Contest will end August 11th 2012
5. How to Enter: Contestants must submit videos to the American Beatbox Championships as outlined on the American Beatbox Championships website.
6. Entrant Content Restrictions:
• Incomplete and or late entries will be automatically disqualified.
• By entering the contest, entrants grant American Beatbox Championships a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotion of the American Beatbox Championships brand and its web site and commercial products. American Beatbox Championships will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
• By entering the contest entrants further represent that the video submissions are original and do not infringe upon any statutory trademark, contractual, proprietary right, right of publicity or privacy, or any other right of any other person or entity.
• By entering the contest, entrants grant American Beatbox Championships permission to publish their name and design on the American Beatbox Championships website, should the entrant be selected as a top 16 finalist.
• The Content must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest.
• The Content must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by sponsors, which entrant will have a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her entry or entries in the Contest.
• The Content must not contain vocals not created by entrant in one take. Entrant may use a microphone. NO OTHER audio enhancement or audio editing may be used• Entrants may use video editing with one audio source. The Content must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
• The Content must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• The Content must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the entry is created.
• All Content submitted as an entry in the Contest is and will remain the property of the American Beatbox Championships. Submitting an entry constitutes an entrant’s consent for the Contest to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entries, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries; all of which will be void.
7. Finalists Determination and Notification. 16 Finalists will be determined from a panel of respected judges and will be posted on the American Beatbox Championships website.
8. Winner Requirements: We are working to secure a GRAND FINAL prize. If potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prizes may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, province, likeness, photo, entry, Content and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Content and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Content for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Content and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Content. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Secondary Prizes will be fulfilled 2-3 weeks after winner determination.
9. Release: By receipt of each prize, each of the two winners agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Game or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible Contents received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Content process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Contents. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Content process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Contents, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or communications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Contents or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Content.
All rights reserved.